To have a nice and fun weekend, there are some rules:
- No smoking is allowed inside the sports center
- No glass is allowed inside the court halls
- Please clean up your own mess, especially after eating
- Be careful with all the equipment
- As this tournament has students as target audience, we will have a minimum age of 18 years in effect, with the only exception for students of the HBO- or WO- (university) level.
As for the games, the following rules apply:
- each team is obliged to provide two referees and one person to record the score, according to the game schedule
- during the game there should be at least two girls per team on the court
- during the game, fouls will not be punished by free throws, but:
- foul against a non-shooting player: ball possession
- foul against a shooting but non-scoring player: 1 point and ball possession
- foul against a shooting and scoring player: score and 1 point bonus
- when a team has a total of 7 fouls or more, every foul will be penalised with 1 point for the opposite team
- when a girl scores, one additional point will be given, so 3 points for a normal score and 4 points for a "threepointer"
- men can't block women while jumping, but standing blocks are allowed!
- the winner of a game gets 2 points, the loser none....in case of a draw both teams get 1 point
- the pool winner is the team with the most points....if two or more teams are tied, the result of their mutual encounter will be decisive....if they are still tied the total scores of all games played will be decisive
- as for the rest....regular FIBA rules apply
- games last about 25 minutes
- in case of doubt, the organising committee will come up with a solution